We are looking for empathetic listeners who are enthusiastic, helpful, supportive and demonstrate an eagerness to improve the lives and health of others. Every patient interaction is unique, and therefore requires your attention to detail and focus. It’s important that you have experience working one on one with customers or patients, in a similar capacity, in order to be a strong candidate for this role. A pleasant, clear and understandable speaking voice is also a must!
We are growing in Florida, which means new opportunities are opening! We are currently looking for several Full Time Customer Service Representatives to assist with patient calls at our busy Call Center on the southside of Jacksonville FL. If you are interested in a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others, working with our team of professionals in Jacksonville FL is a wonderful opportunity. We care about our staff and our patients. If you want to be part of a supportive team, come grow your career with us at Precision Imaging Centers!
Must be able to work 8am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri for approximately two weeks in training. Multiple shifts available after training including 11:30pm to 8pm Mon-Fri or Thur-Mon. Ability to work on weekends may be necessary based on business need.
Schedules appointments for various outpatient diagnostic Radiology procedures. The agent receives routine functional guidance from the Call Center/Scheduling Manager to make appropriate patient referrals. Manual dexterity is required, as is the ability to concentrate on detail during other activities. The agent schedules at least 30 exams a day and 100 calls a day and has the authority to make appointments for all Precision Imaging locations. The agent will follow very specific protocols in scheduling and the collection of financial and health insurance information. However, they will have to be alert constantly for “special cases” that need to be referred to more experienced schedulers or supervisors.
Essential Job Functions
Please list the essential (major) job responsibilities also with the % of time that is typically
spent on these – for leadership roles please include this as an essential job function.
● Answering inbound calls within 30 seconds and assisting to schedule appointments and answer questions. (60%)
● Accurately reviewing order, insurances, demographics with patient. (10%)
● Reviewing and understanding prep instructions and explaining to patient. (10%)
● Discussing cost with patient in depth to answer any questions they may have. (10%)
● Calling doctors’ offices to get any information needed missing from order. (10%)
Non-Essential Job Functions
● Intaking faxes (If a secondary assignment).
● Answering Emails (If a secondary assignment).
● Calling outbound to schedule appointments.
● Answering questions about exams, directions to facilities, and any other services patients may need when calling in.
Does this position directly Manage Others?
- Graduation from high school or equivalent is required.
Previous Related Work Experience Required (include number of years)
● Experience in customer service is required, >1 year preferred.
● Strong verbal communication.
● Strong Computer skills (proficient in typing, operating two monitors, moving between multiple tabs/screens, shortcut keys for PC, etc.)
● Ability to work Google/Gmail and its products.
● Ability to multitask with speed and accuracy.
● Work under pressure while maintaining excellent patient/customer service.
Physical and Working Requirements of the Position (such as job location, lifting, standing, etc.)
● Extended sitting and standing.
Work Availability / hours required (standard, evenings, weekends, split shift, etc.)
● Currently, we have a closing shift from 11:30-8pm, Full Time. However, schedule is subject to change based on business need, so flexibility is a must. Ability to work weekends may be required.
● Experience working with insurance authorization departments and contracts desirable.
● Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with medical diagnostic procedures, and health care billing and authorization.
● Previous experience in appointment scheduling in a health care environment is preferred, (e.g., physician office, clinic or hospital).
Our staff receive:
- Competitive pay
- Benefits for Full Time
- Flexible schedules
- Work life balance and PTO
- Rewards, recognition and referral bonuses!
Precision Imaging Centers is growing throughout Florida. It’s an excellent time to consider joining our team. We have 5 centers in the northeast Florida area. Come grow your career with us!
Thank you for considering a career with Precision Imaging Centers!