Precision Imaging Centers is growing! We are currently hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist/Customer Service Representative to assist in our billing department. This position is full time, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm, and requires a billing background. It is a remote position that will require the technical skills and self-discipline to work from home.
Responsible for initial verification that insurance carriers have received claims. Establishes contact with carriers in order to process claims in a timely manner. Takes actions necessary to resolve all claims and assists in improving overall collections procedures. Position responsible for submitting and resolving medical claims moderate to high complexity. Must remain current with governmental and third-party billing, follow up and appeal requirements for compliant billing and follow up of claims including internal and external policy requirements.
● Verify all demographic and insurance information in patient registration of the EMR software system at the time of charge entry to ensure accuracy, provide feedback to clients and supervisor to ensure timely reimbursement.
● Verifies all claims are on file and being processed, within 21 days of billed dates via online or by telephone.
● Follow-up on all outstanding insurance claims at 30-days from the date of service in accordance with practice protocol with an emphasis on maximizing patient satisfaction and practice profitability.
● Follow-up on all returned claims, correspondence, denials, appeals, account reconciliations and rebills within five working days of receipt to achieve maximum reimbursement in a timely manner with an emphasis on patient satisfaction. Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials.
● Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues.
● Handle Billing rejections in a timely manner.
● Perform refund and reimbursement functions for Government payers and managed care carriers for all patient accounts.
● Provide customer service on the telephone for all clients and authorized representatives regarding patient accounts in accordance with practice protocol. Patient calls regarding accounts receivable should be returned within 1 business days to ensure maximum patient satisfaction.
● Conduct charge corrections on accounts as assigned by management.
● Maintain practice productivity metrics determined by management.
● Complete special projects/assignments within specific timeframes assigned by management.
● Assist with additional workloads in the event of employee’s absences.
● Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed.
● Adhere to all practice policies related to HIPAA and Medicare Compliance.
Education and Experience
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in healthcare billing and/or reimbursement/collections performing follow-up functions.
● Strong understanding of government payers and managed care carrier rules, processes and reimbursements.
● Previous experience with medical billing systems preferred: Imagine, Centricity or Epic a plus
● Knowledgeable billing form requirement (HCFA 1500).
● Knowledgeable of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes.
● Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document outcome.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent time management, prioritization, and critical thinking skills required.
● Exhausts all resources prior to seeking management assistance.
● Ability to multi-task and work independently.
● Moderate skill with Google and/or Microsoft Office applications; Word and Excel.
● Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
● Operate standard office equipment in everyday work activities.
Full-time either office setting or remote setting.
Why Precision Imaging Centers?
- Work/Life Balance and Remote Opportunities
- Full Time Positions are Benefit Eligible
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and 401k
- Supportive Team and Management
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
Precision Imaging Centers is growing rapidly. We are adding new positions as we expand. Come grow your career with us!
Thank you for considering a career with Precision Imaging Centers!