What it is
Mammography uses low dose x-ray to image breasts for early signs of breast cancer
The unfortunate statistic remains that 8 out of 10 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history, making effective screening and early detection critical. Annual mammograms continue to be the best tool for detecting breast cancer in women who are low risk and have no symptoms.
- We offer 3D mammography for screening mammograms and diagnostic mammograms.
- We accept walk-ins and offer same day result for screening mammograms.
- If your diagnostic mammogram reveals any findings, our Director of Breast Imaging, Dr. Catie Kasper, will review the results with you in person and discuss a follow-up plan.
- Our experienced staff is specifically trained to minimize discomfort while taking high quality images.
Accredited by the American College of Radiology
Precision Imaging Centers is proud to be an American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited facility for Mammogram and an ACR Designated Comprehensive Breast Imaging Centers
- Digital screening mammography can detect early breast cancer up to two years before it can be felt.
- The goal of mammography is early detection of breast cancer when cancers are small and most treatable.
- Research shows that annual mammograms lead to a lower risk of death in women ages 50 – 69.
At Precision Imaging Centers, a referral is not needed by your physician for a screening mammogram.
What if there is an abnormality
If you are called back after your screening mammogram, this doesn’t mean you have cancer or that your mammogram is abnormal. It simply means our Radiologist needs more information. We understand this can create nervousness and anxiety. Speaking with your health care professional can help ease these fears.
Diagnostic mammography can be used;
- As a next step to a screening mammogram when an abnormality is identified
- To evaluate a patient with signs or symptoms such as;
- nipple discharge
- puckering in the skin.
Know your Risk
Who is at Higher Risk for Breast Cancer?
- Family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Higher Breast Density
- Ashkenazi Jewish Heritage
- BRCA1/ BRCA2 gene mutation carrier
- History of hormone use
- Early age at onset of menstruation
- Age at first live birth over 30, or no children
- Late age start of menopause, if applicable
Frequently asked questions
Answers to Common Queries
We offer a comprehensive range of healthcare services, including primary care, preventive care, specialized treatments, diagnostic services, and more. Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals is committed to providing exceptional care across various medical specialties.
To schedule an appointment, you can easily request one in three ways:
1.) Click on the "Appointment" tab located at the top right corner of the screen.
2.) Use the "Schedule" buttons available on the specific service page you are interested in.
3.) Give us a call at 904.996.8100, and our team will assist you in scheduling your appointment.
We accept a wide range of insurance plans. To check if your insurance is in-network with us, please visit the "Insurance" link at the bottom of our website, where you'll find a list of the insurances we are currently affiliated with. If you have questions about a specific plan or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us at 904.996.8100, and our team will be happy to help.
Accessing your medical records online is easy and convenient. We offer a patient portal where you can securely access your records at any time. Additionally, we are proud partners with Idonia, which provides you with the flexibility to access your records on the go. You will receive a dedicated link and a personalized pin code at the time of your appointment, ensuring that your information remains both accessible and secure.
At Precision Imaging Centers, we believe in providing a level of care that sets us apart. We see our patients as cherished guests, not just patients. We understand that you may be visiting us during a stressful time, and we are committed to alleviating that stress. We do this by offering a calming, well-designed atmosphere and a team that prioritizes hospitality while delivering high-quality care.
As an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF), we can offer our tests at a fraction of the cost you might expect at a hospital or a hospital-based imaging center. Our "Less hospital. More hospitality." approach to care reflects our commitment to making your experience as comfortable, affordable, and efficient as possible. Choose Precision Imaging Centers for compassionate, cost-effective, and high-quality healthcare services.
We understand the importance of same-day appointments for our patients. If you're open to traveling to any of our five Jacksonville locations, we often have same-day appointment availability for several of our services. To request a same-day appointment, please call us at 904.996.8100, and our team will do their best to accommodate your needs promptly. Your health and convenience are our priorities.